William M. Steen Award
With the Palmer House as our new venue and registration now being open for ICALEO 2020, the Laser Institute of America is pleased to begin inviting applications for the prestigious William M. Steen Award for significant developments in laser material processing named after one of the early pioneers in the subject.
Laser Material Processing is one of the growth points in modern manufacturing. To bring focus to the many developments taking place and to promote the development of new ideas the LIA is making awards for the top three ideas of the year as adjudicated by a prize giving panel.
To get your company's or laboratory's idea recognized as one of the leading concepts of the year please submit an application to the LIA.
In order to qualify the innovative development should have experimental proof of concept in the use of lasers or monitoring of laser processes and should fit one of the criteria stated below:
- Open a new area of application for lasers.
- Be of benefit to manufacturing with lasers.
- Solve a problem either particular or general by the use of lasers.
- Show some novel sensing system by using optics or when monitoring laser processes
- A development in photo chemistry.
- A development in photo-therapies.
- A development in 3D printings with lasers
(An example from the 2019 awards was a method for in-process sensing the welding depth during laser welding by Hitachi, Ltd.)
Please fill out the following form if you would like to be considered for a William M. Steen award to be presented this year at ICALEO 2020 at Hyatt Regency McCormick place in October 19 - 22, 2020.